Listen to episode two of the Divine Feminist here.
Today's episode is all about one of the biggest lessons when it comes to re-connecting with ourselves... Owning our own shit.
It sounds harsh I know, but I've noticed in my client work that the more people start to own their own stuff, the more things start to change for them... And more and more in the world I'm recognising that when someone - be that us or another person - refuses to own their own shit, well that causes all sorts of problems.
This week's episode covers the five aspects of owning our own shit:
- Knowing we have the power to change
- Recognizing what's ours and working on or healing that
- Taking responsibility for our actions and boundaries
- Being honest about what we don't know and then taking responsibility for filling those gaps
- And owning our shine as well as our shit
The Johari Window: Wikipedia entry
Reni Eddo-Lodge, Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race: Website
Rachel Cargle, whose Unpacking White Feminism lecture is brilliant: Website
Amanda Jette Knox: Twitter
Lyla June: Facebook
Marianne Williamson: A Return to Love: Website
Music is Start again, copyright Alex (2014), sourced through YouTube and available to hear in full here.